Crocodile (2014, 15’)
Life to Live Films
Dir: Gaelle Denis
Prod: Ohna Falby
In this ambitious and hugely inventive short film, a bereaved headteacher fights a crocodile.
I composed this soundtrack using electronics, piano and voice, which was recorded by Eloise Irving at Crypt Studios, London. The music often aims to reflect the character of headteacher’s daughter Penny, killed by a crocodile. It was great to work so closely with Gaelle, Ohna and soundman Doug Haywood on a film where the sound and music had such an important role.
Crocodile went on to win a raft of prizes, below.
- Canal+ Prize Best Short – Cannes Critics Week, 2014
- Guanajuato International Film Festival, 2014 Mexico
- Best Female Director and Signis Prize, Encounters, 2014 Bristol, UK
- C4 Prize Best British Short
- Nomination Best Short Film BIFA, 2014 UK
- Best Short, Cellu l’Art 2014, Germany
- BAFTA Short film Long List 2015